Saturday, January 3, 2015

Theon Greyjoy's Spinach Balls

These crescent-shaped nubs once had been gilded, and flecks of gold leaf still clung to them,
like spinach to teeth.
Tom Robbins, Skinny Legs and All


Growing up, I always loved these little balls of goodness.  My mom would make them once a year for her annual christmas party, and I always looked forward to this appetizer in particular.  Once I was out on my own, I made my mother give me the recipe, and I've made them several times since then.  They always put a smile on my face and are incredibly easy to make.  This year, I made a batch to bring to Christmas Eve, and as usual, they were a hit!

What you need:
  • 2 packages of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained.
  • 2 1/2 cups pepperidge farm herbed stuffing mix
  • 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
  • 4 eggs
  • 3/4 cup melted butter

Preheat oven to 350.  Mix together all of your ingredients except for the stuffing.  Once everything is blended together, add the stuffing and let stand for 20 minutes.  Grease a tray, form the mixture into balls, and then bake for 20 minutes.  

The mixture setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment